As an editor, my goal is to make your manuscript shine. I want to watch your characters progress through their arcs, see the resolution of all the loose threads of your main plot and subplots, ensure the dialogue flows well and is realistic, examine your world-building for places to enrich the setting, if needed, and more. I'll take a look at the big picture of your manuscript, while also keeping my five senses open to the details as well.
- Provides in-depth analysis and evaluation of plot, character, dialogue, and setting. It also examines whether sub-plots are well integrated and examines content in detail. Notes provided throughout the manuscript, as well as secondary one-page report.
- Developmental editing does not substitute for copyediting. If you choose Rare Bird for both developmental and copyediting, we will offer you the lowest pricing tier for the next stage of polishing for your project.
- Expect a 2-3 week turn around, depending on the queue or complexity of manuscript.
- Fee Range: $5 - $10/1k words, based on estimated pace determined in sample edit.
- Have Writer's Block? You might benefit from a session with our Writing Coach.
- Provides brainstorming about plot, character, or any other aspect of manuscript, as needed. If you're stuck on a scene or uncertain about what should happen next, our plot whisperer can help identify your sticking point and keep you moving forward.
- Fee: $20/ 1 hour Skype or Google hangout session